Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Gift That Keeps On Giving...

...is a giant bag of Kirkland chicken breast tenders!!



As I go to the bag AGAIN for what seems like the 3rd or 4th time to thaw out 8 pieces of chicken I marvel that there is still MORE. This is a good thing. I have not had to buy chicken in a month. Whatever it cost, it was worth it, it was cheaper than buying it all by the pound, one small pack at a time. It goes on my permanent "oh alright, I'm gonna make a trip to Costco" list of things I can no longer live without.

I'm sure the meat is filled with hormones and the chickens lived in horrible conditions and died miserable deaths.

But having that bag satisfies me in so many ways- I feel like a frugal, efficient modern woman cooking tasty, healthy meals for my family, even when I am working. It gives me that Enjoli feeling, like I'm kicking ass and taking names. All wrapped up in some frozen, packaged chicken breast tenders.

Somewhere, a Kirkland marketing exec just jizzed all over his desk after I typed that.



(edit-when I went to steal the photo of the bag off the Costco website, it turns out that the chicken is hormone free, and I don't have to thaw it. The jury is still out on if they were in good moods or not when they were slaughtered.)

1 comment:

  1. Here's hoping the Kirkland marketing exec uses Kirkland toilet paper for wiping up his 'excitement' because I'm here to testify on my lateral soapbox the magnificence that is Kirkland Toilet Paper. Trust!!

    ReplyDelete